The fat-tailed gerbil has the scientific name pachyuromys duprasi
2. It is a rodent found in the subfamily gerbillinae
3. It is the only member of the genus pachyuromys.
4. They are also called the duprasi gerbil, fat-tailed jird, fat-tailed rat, and beer mat gerbil,
5. They a new pet type of gerbil on the pet market.
6. Fat-tailed gerbils have fluffy short fur.
7. They were discovered by the zoologist Fernand Lataste in 1880.
8. They have a body length that measures about 10cm with a tail of 5cm
9. They weigh about 40 grams
10. They have a thick soft and fluffy coat