1.the Pouched gerbil is a species of rodent that is found the family Muridae
2. Its scientific name is desmodilliscus braueri
3. It is listed as a species of least concern
4. It is found in the countries of Senegal, Mauritania, Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad and Sudan.
5. As a species, it has a large distribution which is why it is listed as a species of least concern.
6. It is thought to be the smallest of the species in the family Muridae.
7. It weighs between 6-14 grams and is an extremely small gerbil.
8.it has a length of between 4-8cm
9. It was discovered by the zoologist Otto von Wettstein in 1916.
10. They enjoy living in scrub savannahas where there is sparse vegetation and hardened soils.
11. They usually give birth to 2-7 young pups.
12. Their hair is blackish-grey at the base with a sandy tip
13. Their head is relatively large and they have short ears, big eyes and white cheeks
14. They have slender hind feet with naked soles
15. They have forefeet that have a short covering of white hair