1.the Pouched gerbil is a species of rodent that is found the family Muridae
2. Its scientific name is desmodilliscus braueri
3. It is listed as a species of least concern
4. It is found in the countries of Senegal, Mauritania, Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad and Sudan.
5. As a species, it has a large distribution which is why it is listed as a species of least concern.
6. It is thought to be the smallest of the species in the family Muridae.
7. It weighs between 6-14 grams and is an extremely small gerbil.
8.it has a length of between 4-8cm
9. It was discovered by the zoologist Otto von Wettstein in 1916.
10. They enjoy living in scrub savannahas where there is sparse vegetation and hardened soils.
11. They usually give birth to 2-7 young pups.
12. Their hair is blackish-grey at the base with a sandy tip
13. Their head is relatively large and they have short ears, big eyes and white cheeks
14. They have slender hind feet with naked soles
15. They have forefeet that have a short covering of white hair
1. The ammodile gerbil is also called the wall or Somali gerbil.
2. It’s scientific name is ammodilus imbellis
3. It is a species of rodent found in the family Muridae
4. It is the only species in the genus Ammodillus
5. It is found in the countries of Ethiopia and Somalia
6. It enjoys living in tropical and subtropical dry lowland grassland.
7. it is a threatened species
8. it was discovered as a species by the British zoologust Michael Rogers Oldfield Thomas in 1904.
9. It is an uncommon species
10. Its habitat is threatened by severe overgrazing by cattle, sheep and domestic goats
11. It is a small gerbil that has a long tail that ends in a brown pencil which is darker above and paler below.
12. It has grey hairs at its base with a reddish fawn terminal band and black tip.
13. They are said to be very rare and are only known from a few specimens in a few localities.
14. They are recorded as data deficient
Mammals of Africa, Volumes 1-6, By Jonathan Kingdon, David Happold, Thomas Butynski, Michael Hoffmann, Meredith Happold, Jan Kalina